Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hamburg Stake Conference October 2007


OK, yesterday and today were long days. Driving 500 kilometers on the road to and from Hamburg, back late Saturday night, up at 6 AM to pick up Miguel Gomez, from Venezuela, to go with us to the Stake Conference back in Hamburg. This was his first meeting in a local church, and top that off with the change in splitting the Stake and calling a new Stake Presidency (no, I was not chosen, and as I told the General Authorities in my interview, "I only have 6 months to serve, so...pick someone else?" I believe they appreciated my attempt at German humor.
But the best part of today was letting a number of hungry Elders and Sisters know that we had brought a "picnic" lunch and we had plenty. Never let a chance go by to feed your hungry missionaries after a long day.

No comments: