Thursday, December 28, 2006
December 28, 2006
Today we woke to a very cold and rainy day, the temperature cold enough to allow the sleet to stay on the windshield as ice. We'll call it snow. Then dressed in my best soccer (Fussball) outfit I could muster, we drove to the Bremen area's Sport Halle where they have all kinds of sport and athletic programs going all the time. The Ward reserved one of the three indoor soccer fields for a holiday match with the Young Men, the Young Adults and their leaders. And that, I assumed, should include me! So I am there! We have 15 initially show up and due to the size of the indoor facility(it has artificial turf with tiny black rubber pellets embedded into the green grass) each team will consist of 5 players, one of which is the goalie. So now we play captains choice and they pick their players. Was I feeling badly that "I" was the last one picked? NO, because I was about to show the Germans how real football is played--boy did I have a lesson to learn. Anyway, the three teams rotated each 15 minute game and when we finished the games, we each having played 6 games, my team had won 4 and lost 2...we had the best result. How I do? No broken bones, no torn ligaments, no strained muscles or twisted ankles or knees, for I play goalie and the only injury was a few hits to the head, the chest, the arms and legs, you know, when the ball comes faster than you have reactions to get out of the way. Oh yes, next time I will wear some sweat pants as the shorts expose the knees and when you dive and hit the turf you spend a few minutes picking out the little black rubber pellets from the open wounds. Hey, it was fun and they are planning another activity before the youth have to go back to school. I will, however, pay dearly for the exercise received this day when I get up tomorrow--I just know it is going to hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY 2007 MY FRIENDS EVEN THO YOUR ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD OR SO IT SEEMS. I'M SPENDING IT AT SWAN LAKE WITH DAD AND HE'S SOUND ASLEEP..... LOVE TO YOU BOTH AND STAY SAFE FANCI
PS COULD YOU RUB THE GOOD LUCK CHARM AND SAY SOMETHING FOR ME LIKE NEW CAR OR NEWER CAR SHE'S TIRED OF BEING TOWED..... SHE REALLYY DOES DESERVES IT... XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment