OK, how many people can tell you they have been on the largest, tallest or fastest of anything in the world. We can. Yes, there at the Festival was our chance and Dave got Marie, kicking and screaming, to get in the largest mobile Ferris Wheel (Riesenrad) in the world. Just about 200 feet high, the massive structure is transported to sites all over Europe for Fairs via 33 semi-trucks. 42 swinging carriages can transport up to 336 people well into the blue, and the view was spectacular for 20 miles around the city.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Largest in the world
OK, how many people can tell you they have been on the largest, tallest or fastest of anything in the world. We can. Yes, there at the Festival was our chance and Dave got Marie, kicking and screaming, to get in the largest mobile Ferris Wheel (Riesenrad) in the world. Just about 200 feet high, the massive structure is transported to sites all over Europe for Fairs via 33 semi-trucks. 42 swinging carriages can transport up to 336 people well into the blue, and the view was spectacular for 20 miles around the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DEAR FRIENDS - NOT SURE BUT I'M THINKING YOUR AT THE LA COUNTY FAIR AND HIDING FROM THE REST OF CALIFORNIA!! FERRIS WHEEL THERE IS THE LARGEST IN NORTH AMERICA LOTS OF SEMIS BRING IT IN AND IT TAKES UP TO A WEEK TO INSTALL. NOW, IT COULD BE DISNEYLAND? I WAS MISSING THE EARS. OH WELL, I'M GLAD YOU GOT TO RIDE AND CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR. I'M BETTING IT WAS HIGH BUT NOT FAST..... PROBABLY SEEMED LIKE YOU WERE REALLY ON TOP OF THE WORLD. HAPPY HALLOWEEN LOVE TO YOU BOTH XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX FANCY
I hated it and will never go on that high of a ride again. NEVER
Marie
Post a Comment